Sunday, May 22, 2011

a tale of two Sara's...



These are my kids:
Dylan and Angela, Nathan and Katie, Ben and Sara, Grayson and Diana, Sara and Jordan.


We've had a lot of fun getting used to two Sara's in the family.

Last spring Jordan decided he wanted to marry Sara Baines. Jordan's sisters were pleased and excited to have another Sara in the mix. Then one day in the midst of all the excitement Wally exclaimed, "Which Sara do you mean? There are 'two many' Sara's! It's so confusing." Thus began our year of specifying: Sara Ellan vs Sara Wynne, Sara (Jordan's wife) vs Sara (Jordan's sister)


This is Sara (Jordan's wife)
Sara (Jordan's wife) had a tough go of it. Becoming Sara Smart was a bit of a stretch for this reserved, quiet Sara. She would introduce herself as Sara Smart and people would look at her and say, "No you're not. I KNOW Sara Smart and you are not her...." But she took it all in stride and when her sister-in-law (the original Sara Smart) married Ben Toone, we all breathed a sigh of relief. Now we could have a Sara Smart (the new one) and a Sara Toone (the newly improved original Sara Smart).
This is Sara Toone (the original Sara Smart)

Last week when I was out of town, Sara Toone called me to report that she'd picked up the mail and...

"I got my tax return in the mail today! Yay!" she exclaimed.

"Well, get that in the bank so you can go shopping," I advised.

Oops!!

You guessed it. When the new Sara Smart came to pick up her mail, her tax return was mysteriously missing and Sara Toone had a new pair of shoes.



3 comments:

  1. Too funny - poor Sara (I'll let you decide which one I mean!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaaa it was like when I told my sister Sara Smart that it was kinda gay that she had two facebook pages. Sara Smart and Sara Toone. I thought the original was just living it up using two identities. Imagine they both just had their own pages...

    ReplyDelete