Saturday, May 28, 2011

a funny thing happened the other day....






I don't get out much. I go to work. I go to church and I go to COSTCO. Some might say that's not much of a life but here's the thing; as I scurry about in my busy little life, I notice some of the funniest things in the oddest places.
Last week I went to Costco after work. It was a busy day at the big box and I had to park a little farther out than usual. But it was a sunny day and I was up for the trek to the front doors.

As I was walking to the front doors I saw two couples leaving the store and making their way towards me, each man pushing a very full cart accompanied by an animated, adorable wife; the best accesory any guy could ever want for a trip to the big box. The couples manouvered their cargo to practically matching SUV's parked across from each other.



They proceeded to unload the carts into the back of the vehicles almost in perfect unison. When the last piece of merchandise was neatly stowed in the bowels of the vehicles both back gates slammed in unison and all 4 adults pushed the empty carts to the cart corral-together. It was so cute watching this whole operation. It was almost like a little choreographed dance and I was throughly entertained. But the best part of the whole show was still to come.

I was now approaching the spot where these two vehicles were parked tail to tail. Four people walked backed to the two SUV's. They split off into two groups of two and four doors opened together as four individuals climbed in to the two vehicles opposite each other. Two engines sprang to life at precisely the same moment and two transmissions were thrown into reverse in unison.

It was almost like watching a movie. The two SUV's backed SMACK into each other-right there in the Costco parking lot! Four doors flew open, four adults vaulted to the back of the two vehicles that were now bumper to bumper. They all looked so surprised! Each couple just stared at the situation with a general sense of "what the heck?!?" and I was thoroughly entertained for another day.



3 comments:

  1. You don't need to get out more! Between church, work, family and Costco, your life is entertaining enough! But I can't believe you didn't sacrifice your body and run in between the vehicles and try to stop them!!! I would have loved to have watched that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy lovey doves. Some people need to pay attention more. Oops! Crap I guess I better get off my phone while I am driving! baha

    ReplyDelete