Monday, May 2, 2011

Back to Boot Camp




Last spring I went to "Boot Camp." For years I had wanted to work harder at exercising and staying healthy. Painfully aware of my own mortality, I set off on a journey of early morning fitness and self discovery that would last the entire summer. IT WAS AMAZING!!!
I have always been an early riser so waking with the sun to go exercise was FUN! I didn't miss a workout and loved every minute of the journey until winter set in...By the end of October, it was still very dark at 5:30 in the morning and it was cold and most mornings there was SNOW on the ground! I could not make myself go. I started sleeping through my alarm and by November 1, I just plain quit going. I settled in for a long winter's nap and packed on a few extra pounds of insulation.

The sun has been waking me up the last few weeks. I have heard the occasional bird chirping in my backyard. I've been thinking about Boot Camp. Last night "Laura" called. "I'm starting a new session tomorrow and it's half price for the month of May."

I was so excited to get back to boot camp. I set my alarm for 5:13 am. I was ready, set....

GO!! The alarm sounded and I bounded out of bed; ready to go at 5:28 and in the car by 5:30 for the 15 minute drive to boot camp. I was PUMPED!! I even remembered my water bottle as I was heading out the door so I was feeling GREAT!

I pulled into the parking lot in record time, jumped out of the car, opened the back door to grab my water bottle and my ?shoes?!!
My toes are still burning from banging my poor bare feet with the skipping rope. I'll be back to boot camp on Wednesday with everything I need to workout properly.

3 comments:

  1. bahaahahahahahahahha and you wonder where i get it from...i tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Lorri!!! You make me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny. The same thing happened to me here in Hawaii...I forgot the sunscreen!! Burned my skin to the core!! MAMA

    ReplyDelete