Tuesday, October 4, 2011

adventures in crossing the street

Today I almost drove over a guy. BUT it wasn't my fault!! It was totally HIS - the dummy.


I could see him on the curb for a whole block away. He stood on the edge of the sidewalk, poised to cross the street, coffee in his left hand, briefcase in the right - eyes straight ahead waiting for the little "walk" guy. 


And as I was stopped at the red light (and it was his turn to cross the street in front of me) I watched him watch the girl crossing the street ...it was so bizarre.


He watched her as she stepped off the curb opposite him and as she walked across the street towards him (in front of my car idling at the red light). He watched her as she approached his side of the curb and then he actually turned his head and followed her with his eyes as she walked past him and carried on her merry way down the street. 


I was actually quite entertained for the 13 seconds it took her to get across the street.


Then the red light turned green and it was my turn to GO.


I had just started to proceed through the intersection when "Don Juan" remembered he was supposed to cross the street. He turned back to the street and BOLTED right in front of my car!!


I laughed out loud as as I turned on my wipers to clean his coffee off my windshield and he did his best to get to the other side of the road against the RED - the dummy.

2 comments:

  1. true confession: in highschool i was sitting in the back of a friend's car cruising around in lethbridge when a guy pulled up beside us. i smiled and blew kisses at him, and as a result he smashed into the car in front of him.

    it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha OH MOM! and sara that's awful but hilarious. Serves him right. Best blog post yet. I woke up the whole house with my laughter.

    ReplyDelete