Saturday, September 17, 2011

sometimes i wonder....

My sister doesn't blog but sometimes life is just so BLOGWORTHY...so even though this story is not mine, it deserves to be told.


Yesterday my sister's purse was stolen! She had her cell phone in her pocket but everything else that is important in life was in her purse; car keys, house keys, mailbox keys, credit cards, ID, club cards, health care info, etc., etc., etc.....


After a few quick, panicked calls to cancel credit cards, she proceeded to try and figure out how to proceed.


How could she get home if she didn't have the keys to drive her car? Then she remembered her AMA (Alberta Motor Association) membership and knew that they would come and let her into her car and make her a key! Brilliant! 



AMA: Hello. Thank you for calling AMA. How can I help you today?


Sis: Hello, I need someone to come help me get into my car and make a key. My purse has been stolen and my car keys are in my purse. 


AMA: Could I have your membership number please?


Sis: I have a membership but I don't know my number because my membership card is in my purse and my purse was stolen. If I give you some personal information, can you look up my number?


AMA: Of course....(there is an exchange of information and a few tricky, security questions and then a loong pause) ...Um, it would seem Sis, that you had an AMA membership but it expired a month ago.


Sis: Seriously??!! I thought it expired October 1.


AMA: Actually that would be August 1 according to my records...but the two months kinda sound the same so it's an honest mistake- hee hee. We could probably take care of you today if you would like to simply renew right now over the phone.  If you would give me your credit card number.....


Sis: I don't have a credit card number because I just cancelled all my credit cards two minutes ago because my purse was stolen! etc. etc. etc.......


You get the idea! 


And you guessed it; Sis figured out how to get home and is slowly piecing her life back together... 


....and the girl at the AMA is still wondering what she said to deserve that kind of crazy reaction!




3 comments:

  1. aaah the joys of getting your purse stolen...first thing the credit card asked for when i told them my card had been stolen was "could i have your card number please?" come on people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing my purse would end my life! I have nightmares about it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is why I never carry a purse!!! Just some sort of diaper bag back pack that no one would ever want! Keeps me safe!

    ReplyDelete