Saturday, March 12, 2011

"mom"isms




I am a mom! I've been a mom for so long, I can't remember when I wasn't. There was a time when I wanted to be SUPERMOM.

I'm pretty much over that phase. I have both feet planted firmly on the ground and I can see very clearly that I'm just a plain old fashioned mother; I love my kids (and the kids they've married). I wish for their happiness and success everyday.

Best of all, I love giving FREE ADVICE. I can't do much about what really goes on in their lives. I usually can't kiss it better or make it all go away but I can ADVISE!

This past week has been hectic when I think about all the advice I've been doling out. And the surprising thing I realized was that practically every tidbit of wisdom had somethng to do with the head.

1. Don't lose your head.
2. Keep your head down and do what you need to do.
3. Gotta keep your head up to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Use your head.
and finally; when Sara and Ben were evacuated because of the tsunami....
5. Keep your head above water, guys!

I LOVE my job!




2 comments:

  1. you are our rock! i love your job too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorri,
    You are a great mom, and you give the BEST advice
    ;o)keep moving momma!

    ReplyDelete