Saturday, March 19, 2011

"I've Been Looking for That!"



Friday night Wally and I went out for dinner with Roger and Trudy. I love eating out and we went to a really nice restaurant which icidentally, is owned and operated by a friend of theirs.
Dinner was fantastic! Besides good company, the food was superb. I had salmon and Wally, Roger and Trudy tucked into the best spicy lamb meatballs and pasta. Just as we were all finishing up, Roger got the strangest look on his face and then he put his finger in the side of his mouth and SURPRISE!...he extracted a nut from between his teeth. Not a peanut or a hazel nut or any kind of edible nut but the kind of NUT that screws on a bolt.
We were twittering nervously about this discovery as the chef approached our table. "How is everything this evening?"

All eyes were on Roger as we waited to see what he would say.

"Dinner was really nice and the meatballs were some of your best until I found this......", Roger replied tentatively as he displayed the nut gingerly between his thumb and forefinger.

The chef's jaw dropped and his eyes were as big a saucers as he exclaimed, "I've been looking for that! Where did you find it?"

Seriously? I can think of a lot of things that a chef might say when a piece of the kitchen equipment is discovered in the food and that doesn't even make the list! haha

The upside? Free dessert and the chef was able to reassemble his grinder right away.

2 comments:

  1. oh man...i would have DIED if that was me! roger took it like a champ! and who doesn't love free dessert??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha this made me laugh out loud. except i would have expected a free dessert AND meal!

    ReplyDelete