Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Miracle-Suit (part 1)

I have always loved "swimsuit season." However, loving the swimsuit has been a life long process. 

As a mother of young children I always worried about how I looked at the beach or the pool. I worried about tan lines and wobbly bits. I worried about those "last ten pounds" way more than I needed to. ( surprise...those ten pounds are now closer to twenty-five and reality says, they're not going anywhere). 

I owned and tolerated swimsuits that worked for me and my body type; more or less. 

I got through my 30's and 40's relatively unscathed by the demands of swimsuit season. I never really was "that mom" on the sidelines in a cover up. So I  trust my kids were not too embarrassed. Thankfully, my husband is a kind man who never commented on my "bikini bod" (maybe he was just in self preservation mode- haha). Either way, I never required extensive therapy to reconcile my struggles with swimwear. But I did struggle.

Then, as a granny in my 50's, I discovered the "miracle-suit" and I've seriously never looked back!! My tan lines and wobbly bits have not changed remarkably and as mentioned, those last 10 pounds persist but I may boldly proclaim that the miracle-suit has changed my life...and LIFE IS GOOD.

I agonized over the first purchase all those seasons ago. The suit cost a small fortune and I was taking a huge risk buying a bathing suit online. But with my first trip to Hawaii rapidly approaching and my swimwear selection bleak to say the least, I broke out my measuring tape (the same one I used in high school home-ec) and measured "accurately" half a dozen times in centimetres and inches! (just to be sure) Then I cross referenced the online fit guide and took the plunge. I meticulously entered my credit card number, billing address, shipping address, rechecked the size and color, pressed submit order and prayed for a miracle.
The original miracle-suit 
(back and front views)

The suit arrived 5-8 business days later and I've been living the miracle ever since! 

Not only did the suit fit well but it managed the wobbly bits and extra pounds with ease. Once I returned from Hawaii, I went back online and ordered the same suit again (this time on sale-score!). I decided I would never be without a miracle-suit for the rest of my mortal life. 

Each season, I check to make sure it is still available, wait for it to go on sale and order it again.

This season, I ordered my 4th and 5th suits. The name may have changed over the years. I think it's a slim-suit or something now but it will always be my miracle-suit
...I also branched out and tried a new style this season.
This one is even BETTER


I love the suit(s) and I love to swim, hot tub and generally lay around all summer in it. And for this pasty, plump Granny,  that alone, is a miracle! 

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment