Friday, December 2, 2011

The Healing Garden


The Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel is an incredible place. The staff is thoughtful and compassionate. They are also very patient and will repeat the same information 30 times a day without complaint.
This afternoon, in an effort to decompress, I took a walk around the hospital. I've walked by the "Healing Garden" every morning and night for 10 days. Today the sun was shining so I decided to go exploring. There truly is something healing about a garden.


the tin man greets visitors to the garden
he even stands on a yellow brick path

the garden is full of surprises
a new little creature around every corner


These are just a few of the fun interesting sights to enjoy in the healing garden. I actually felt better imagining a healthy, active Little Logan running around this garden and getting his picture taken on the cows.


It's good to take a break. I'm thankful for my time in the "Healing Garden" and of course, I'm thankful for Little Logan and all the lessons I'm learning from him.

the ventilator means Logan was able to ditch the hat
and enjoy an afternoon with just a headband...it also
meant he had a better day, relaxing and breathing-
exactly what he needs to do...

1 comment:

  1. I adore all your posts! what will we do when you have to leave!! Maybe you can still update from afar?

    ReplyDelete