Wednesday, January 19, 2011

that explains a lot






I love useless information!

Some of the funniest things I've heard over the last little while have been derived from perfectly useless facts. For instance, this morning in my email I got a forward (which by the way, I generally ignore) that absolutely cracked me up. Its title was something about truths and I was intrigued so I opened it up and started to scroll through the list. This little diddy caught my eye and then smacked me right in the funny bone.

"The first testicular guard, "the cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The helmet was first used in hockey in 1974."
It only took the guys 100 years to figure out that the brain was important too!
And who knows? It was probably somebody's mother who insisted on the helmet. Just sayin'

1 comment:

  1. who knew your inner brain was important to protect too? ha haaa

    ReplyDelete