Friday, December 31, 2010

The Slip up!



So the Christmas season has moved along tickedy-boo! Santa Claus arrived on schedule. The wedding plans and preparations remained remarkably sane. Everyone was having a good little break from our hectic schedules. Then the inevitable happened, derailing most of the Christmas cheer we'd acumulated over the last few days!

Something went missing...Katie came out of the master bedroom and asked me what I'd done with the outfit she'd left in my room a week ago. She had put her new dress and cardigan on the chair in my room so it would be here for the day of Sara's wedding. And when she went to find it, it was GONE.

Wally was just sitting in the kitchen minding his own business-reading one of his new Christmas books when all eyes turned on him! "I never touched the dress. I never even saw it!"

"Sure Dad, it was on the chair by your bed. Where did you put it?"

Well, we all know how this story ends.

I really thought he'd moved the dress or even tossed it with the old bag of shoes I had set aside. There really was no other explanation-except maybe:
So I slipped up. And Wally's record is still clear.

But we all know that won't last

2 comments:

  1. hahaha you shoulda seen dad's face when we were throwing out accusations...priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama you are so funny. And dad is even funnier. And he more than makes up for the few slip ups he's had over the years. Christmas vaca was awesome with the best parents ever!!

    ReplyDelete