Friday, May 18, 2012

adventures in transportation


I was visiting in Portland, OR again this past week.




I am always fascinated with what I see when I'm there.


I am especially impressed with the way people travel.
It's all about recycling, cycling and 
being organic and healthy and energy efficient.




When I'm in Portland, my inner "tree hugger" feels right at home.
I feel like I'm right where I should be.





BUT Alberta is my home and there is no denying that there is definitely a pattern to transportation choices in Alberta. I was waiting curbside at YYC when I realized that 
"home is where the trucks are".



Every ride that pulled up was big and powerful.



Spacious and luxurious.



And I am confident most of the vehicles could drive up the side of a high rise.






Yup there's something about a powerful truck. I haven't figured out just what exactly but I know I'm home when I see pick ups for miles and miles. And there's comfort in being home.


No comments:

Post a Comment