Tuesday, November 29, 2011

keeping score




I've spent a lot of time over the years watching the score. Football, basketball, volleyball, soccer and hockey all have some kind of scoreboard. On some level I knew that those little illuminated numbers were not really going to change my life. But it sometimes felt that way. It was hard to remain calm in the heat of the game.

I would often experience shortness of breath or tingling in my hands and arms as the game got more exciting or tense. Occasionally I would have to get up and go for a walk if the score was too difficult to watch.

These last few days I've been watching a different kind of score clock. It also has left me short of breath and a little tense in the middle of the game. I've had to walk away a few times because it's hard to keep breathing as the numbers keep changing. It's been a rough few days and that illuminated panel has definitely kept score while standing as a reminder that this game really counts towards playoffs and finals. I feel an urgency for victory in this fight.


And so far, Little Logan is winning.

Go Team!

7 comments:

  1. oh Lorri - my heart aches for all of you.
    **hugs**
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really hope one day he can fit in all the clothes i bought him...since the lady at the store said i should always buy a size bigger 'cuz babies are much bigger than the sizes marked for them.

    she doesn't know jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so funny Sara because the baby clothes used to look so small and now even the micro clothes are too big! we're just counting on him "growing into it"

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! And if he's anything like his Mom, then he's a fighter! Go Logan! keep up the good game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so precious! (Logan holding his little/big duck). YOu have a cheer team rooting for you Logan (and mommy and daddy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a friend of Diana's. Can you tell me what their family could use that I could mail to them, and what address I could mail a package to?
    maren.b.brinkerhoff@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete