Wednesday, August 17, 2011

adventures in storage...


I stopped off at the store before work this morning to pick up more rubbermaids. Now that all the kids are married and on their own Wally and I have set out on a quest to reclaim our house and make it our own "kid free" space.

As I was headed back to the truck, with half a dozen 68litre (those are the big ones) plastic containers I met an old dude with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. He grinned as he looked me up and down and then he asked, "Planning on doing some storing?"

I smiled and reported, "I've got to get those kids OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Without missing a beat, he laughed, cocked his head and with a twinkle in his eye he replied, "You sure they'll fit in there?"

MADE MY DAY!

2 comments:

  1. You do realize that at some point you'll have GRAND children in your house and all that carefully reclaimed space will become arenas of fun!!

    ReplyDelete